Our Cost-Effective Implant Solutions
Missing teeth can not only damage your self-esteem, but your ability to eat and speak as well. If left untreated, tooth loss can result in more serious problems like bone loss or an oral infection.
Fortunately, Dr. Stanislaus can use dental implants to restore your smile and preserve your overall health. Whether you’re missing a single tooth or an entire arch, he’ll find the ideal solution for you.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a permanent, attractive solution for missing teeth. They’re crafted to seamlessly blend in with your smile and function just like your natural teeth.
This durable restoration option replaces missing teeth from root to crown. Through a process called osseointegration, the implant attachment takes the place of your natural tooth root to secure the restoration. This is also when the implant fuses with your jawbone, creating a durable foundation for the new prosthetic tooth.
Dental implants offer a number of benefits, such as:
- Enhances the appearance of your smile
- Restores healthy jawbone density
- Increases comfort and convenience
- Improves your ability to chew with ease
The Implant Process
In just a few short appointments, Dr. Stanislaus will determine the best solution for your unique needs and develop a customized treatment plan. The dental implant process is broken down into a few steps:
- Your no-obligation consultation with Dr. Stanislaus is the first step of restoring your smile. During this visit, he’ll learn about your smile goals and recommend the treatment that’s best for you.
- Our technology will create a 3D impression of your mouth so Dr. Stanislaus has greater visibility for placing your new tooth restoration.
- Dr. Stanislaus will place the titanium implant fixture directly in your jaw through a small incision in your gum line. Once it’s secure, he’ll suture the incision and cover it with a functional, temporary prosthetic.
- After the surgical area has healed, he’ll attach a small piece called an abutment to your titanium fixture.
- Dr. Stanislaus will then craft your prosthetic tooth to match the shape, color, and texture of your natural teeth.
- The last step is to attach a beautiful porcelain crown to your abutment piece. Once this is complete, you’ll be able to show off your new smile with confidence.
Discover Your Implant Candidacy
If you’re seeking a permanent solution for your missing teeth, then it’s likely you’re a candidate for dental implants.
There have been several advances in implant technology, making dental implants accessible to more patients than ever before. Find out if you immediately qualify for implants by scheduling a no-obligation consultation with Dr. Stanislaus.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do dental implants last?
With good oral hygiene and regular dental check-ups, dental implants have the capacity to be a life-long tooth replacement solution. However, your attached restoration may need to be adjusted or replaced within 5 to 15 years.
Are dental implants painful?
Your comfort is our number one priority. That’s why Dr. Stanislaus offers dental sedation to help you relax and remain comfortable during your dental implant procedure.
Some swelling and discomfort are common during the healing process, though this should fade quickly. Rest assured, Dr. Stanislaus will prescribe medication to help ease any pain you may experience in the days following your implant surgery.
Are dental implants safe?
Dental implants have an overall success rate of 98%. As long as your surgery is performed by an experienced and qualified dentist like Dr. Stanislaus, there’s no reason to worry. In fact, dental implants are the only tooth replacement that prevents your jawbone from shrinking, making them the safest option long-term.
Does medicare or insurance cover the cost of dental implants?
Unfortunately, most insurance providers won’t pay for the full cost of dental implants. However, depending on the specifics of your plan, you may be able to get coverage for a portion of your treatment. If you have any questions about your insurance benefits, don’t hesitate to ask a member of our team and we’ll gladly assist you.
How do I take care of my dental implants after the procedure?
During the first week after surgery, it’s crucial to follow all post-op instructions from Dr. Stanislaus. These will include limiting your diet to soft foods, avoiding drinking alcohol or smoking, and rinsing your mouth with warm salt water after meals.
Once your implant has healed, you can care for it just like a natural tooth with daily brushing and flossing. Dr. Stanislaus recommends using a soft-bristled toothbrush and nylon floss, while also avoiding brands of toothpaste that contain abrasive ingredients.
Start Your Implant Journey Today
Here at Brooklyn Heights Dental, we’ll personally work with you to determine the best solution for your unique smile needs. Whether you’re missing one tooth or several teeth, Dr. Stanislaus can restore the appearance and health of your smile.
To learn more, give us a call at 718-865-8320 or simply fill out a contact form at the bottom of the page. We’ll get back to you soon and help you get started on your journey to a new smile.